Buying an Existing Home

When you're looking at an existing home to purchase there are many unknowns concerning this property. How old are the appliances, the HVAC system, the water heater and etc.? What repairs and maintenances have been made to these systems? Were the repairs made properly and by a licensed contractor? These questions and many others face home buyers every day. So how do avoid making mistakes that can cost you literally thousands of dollars? Great questions and that's where a Professional Home Inspector can help.

During the real estate buying contract time, the Inspector is the only outside, non bias party that you hire, that represents you and works entirely for you during this entire process. The Inspector has only his inspection fee and your business to earn from the home buying process. Many say that the Inspector is your only real friend during the home buying process.

Why do I need a home inspection?

Buying a home could be the largest single investment you will ever make. To minimize unpleasant surprises and unexpected difficulties, you'll want to learn as much as you can about the existing house before you buy it. A home inspection may identify the need for major repairs or builder oversights, as well as the need for maintenance to keep it in good shape. After the inspection, you will know more about the house, which will allow you to make decisions with confidence.

You will be pleased with your decision to have the home inspected, especially if you hire the right inspection company to perform your inspections. That is why you should call TexaSpec today to discuss your inspection needs and to interview our Inspectors. We have been doing Inspections for over fourteen years and promise if you will give us just 5% of your confidence, that we will earn the other 95%!

What will it cost?

The inspection fee for a typical one-family house varies geographically, as does the cost of housing. Similarly, within a given area, the inspection fee may vary depending on a number of factors such as the size of the house, its age and possible optional services such as septic, well or radon testing.

Do not let cost be a factor in deciding whether or not to have a home inspection or in the selection of your home inspector. The sense of security and knowledge gained from an inspection is well worth the cost, and the lowest-priced inspection is not necessarily a bargain. Use the inspector's qualifications, including experience, training, compliance with your state's regulations, if any, and professional affiliations as a guide.